CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

So for all of you who don't know i have been working really hard to lose some much needed weight. a while ago i went through some health issues and was gaining weight and didn't know why we found out later that i had a tumor the size of a golf ball on my thyroid so i had to have it removed later they told me i had thyroid cancer and were confident that they had removed all the cancer. to hear that word is pretty scary. but that was some of the cause for my weight gain i wont say it was all but some so anyways i am 100 percent recovered and have never felt better. i had no idea thyroid controlled so much. women should all have their's tested i had the lump in my throat for probably 2 years that i know of and it was never detected so it is important to have it checked every once in a while. back to the point i have worked my butt off and have lost 40 pounds in about 4 months i have lost a total of 16 inches so far, these are my most recent pics. its kind of embarrassing now to see where i was but i just look at how far i have come. i still would like to loose about 10- 15 more but its a lot of work ill try to keep you updated. sorry about the pic where my head is cute off. ha ha

7 comments:

The McCrary's said...

You look awesome Shan. I am proud of you. You deserve it you have worked your butt off. Good Job!!!

Ty and Ber said...

Way to go!!! That is so awesome. You look great!
I agree that people should have their thyroid tested (a comlete physical every year for that matter). I have been having mine checked for the last 4 yrs,ever since I got prego with Emily. Mine over functions when I am pregnant. My mom's doesn't work. She had Grave's disease.

I am glad to hear that they were able to get all the cancer. I agree that it is scary just to hear that word, especially at this young of an age. But it is important to get screened. That is 2 people from our old neighborhood that have had cancer. Sara C had ovarian cancer as well.
I am glad that you are doing well. You look fab!!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Wow!!! Sexy mama!!! Your'e looking great. Good job Shan. :)

Jenny said...

YEAH!! I am so excited for you I should get my butt in gear and loose a few pounds!

Baker Family said...

Brooke told me about what had happened with everything with your thyroid. WOW! That sucks! I'm glad they caught it early and everything is ok. You look AMAZING!!!! Great job! That was fun back in the good ol' days when you and Brooke would come to Lady Fitness to work out. Your boys are cuties! You'll have to get my email from Brooke and send me yours so I can send you an invite to our blog. I would leave my email but I made that mistake twice and now I get all sorts of weird emails. :)

Baker Family said...

By the way that was Chantel. I just realized it only says Baker Family.

Tina and Derek said...

You look great! I didn't know about your cancer. That's so scary! I'm so glad that you're ok. What have you been doing to lose your weight? I need to lose some serious weight! I never got a chance to lose my baby weight with Maddie because Jack came soon after! He was such a surprise and to make myself feel better I ate whatever I wanted and I gained 50 lbs!